“Don’t Break the Rope! A Parable about Collaboration, Communication, and Teamwork in the Workplace.”
by Dr. Erick J. Lauber
Does your workplace drive you crazy? Are you new to an organization and want to learn the “soft skills” needed to succeed? Are you concerned that your style doesn’t fit with the teammates you’ve been assigned?
In “Don’t Break the Rope!” psychologist, faculty, and leadership trainer Dr. Erick Lauber uses the story of two frogs new to a business called GoodPondInc to explain several basic principles of organizational communication, collaboration, and teamwork. In these pages you’ll discover:
- How to identify your own and others workplace styles
- How to respond when teammates behave in ways you consider “wrong”
- Why many people become unproductive when relationships get “broken”
- What experienced leaders want you to keep in mind above all else
- How to manage workplace situations for greater enjoyment and success
We all must navigate work relationships, but handling them well is not something we are taught in school. Interpersonal skills; high-stakes, emotional conversations; complicated teamwork situations …. Excelling at each of these is necessary for success in today’s busines and non-profit organizations. If you want to learn how to improve your workplace, in a fun, easy-to-read fashion, this book is for you.
The book is available on Amazon.com and also on the Kindle.